Welcome to Sportivate
Welcome to Sportivate
Sportivate forms part of Places People Play, the £135 million mass participation legacy plans unveiled by the Government in November 2010.
SPORTIVATE PROJECTS WANTED – OPEN FUNDING ROUND NOW OPEN
Pro-Active East London is pleased to announce the second Sportivate OPEN funding round is NOW OPEN. Deadline for applications is Friday 16th August 2013.
- Open to all types of projects targeting any demographic of participant
- Applicants must provide match funding of at least 10% of Total Project Costs (either in-kind or cash)
- Projects must be delivered during the period 1st October 2013 to 31st March 2014
- Projects must deliver between 6 – 8 weekly sessions
- Participants must be aged between 14 and 25
- Equipment for disability focused / Inclusive projects can be loaned from Motivate East – See below
- The deadline for completion and submission of the Application Form is MIDNIGHT the 16th August 2013.
The Sportivate Application Form is available to download at the right of this page. (See Related Documents section).
Motivate East is an inclusive sports participation project for disabled people living in the Host Boroughs inspired by the Paralympic Games.
Motivate East has a selection of portable and accessible sports equipment to provide new opportunities to participate in inclusive sport across the host boroughs. This equipment will be loaned to groups and organisations interested in developing inclusive sport, with the aim of enhancing and activating existing or dormant spaces, creating appropriate settings for disability sports opportunities to take place.
For more information please contact Katie Young - firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT IS SPORTIVATE?
Sportivate will capture the excitement of sport and London 2012 to provide attractive and sustainable community opportunities in the sport of their choice for participants aged 14-25 years. Activities will last for six weeks after which participants will be able to continue at a local club or venue.
The national funding and targets for Sportivate are:
- £32 million Lottery funding (£8 million per annum)
- 300,000 young people to complete six weeks of coaching sessions
- 120,000 young people to continue playing sport regularly
Sportivate funding and targets have been apportioned to the PRO-ACTIVE Partnerships in London based on their percentage of the national 14-25 year old population.
East London has 4.15% of the national population of young people aged 14-25, meaning that East London’s Sportivate funding and targets are:
- £980,000 (£245,000 per annum) for delivery of the programme
- 12,300 young people to complete six weeks of coaching sessions over four years
Sportivate will commence from July 2011 and the program will run for four years until March 2015.
Interested in getting involved in East London?
If you want to discuss an idea for a Sportivate project please contact Chris Anderson on email@example.com.
The New Sportivate Application Form is available to download at the right of this page. (See Related Documents section)
Any activity within Sportivate must meet the following criteria:
- 6 weeks of coaching must be delivered
- There must be an identified need for the project
- There must be a confirmed exit route for the project with capacity for increased numbers of participants
- Sportivate funding will not 100% fund any activity
- Funding is dependent on completion of Monitoring and Evaluation Data
DEADLINES & KEY DATES:
Application Form Deadline: 16th August 2013. (Submitted to Chris Anderson - firstname.lastname@example.org)
Consultation Period: 17th August 2013 – 10th September 2013
Confirmation of Funding: 11th September 2013
Delivery Commences: 1st October 2013
Delivery Completed: 31st March 2014